American Equity Intern, Digital Media - Communications Department in West Des Moines, Iowa
Intern, Digital Media - Communications Department
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for updating and creating content on public and registration-based websites and multiple social media platforms, including monitoring engagement and digital analytics reporting. In addition, will be responsible for routing content in project management
system and following compliance and workflow processes. Position will shadow and take direction from Digital Media Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates content, such as blogs and social media posts, using brand voice and following compliance and writing guidelines
• Updates web content in various content management systems and social media management tool
• Performs digital analytics reporting and provides context to metrics
• Monitors social media presence and engagement in social media management tool, providing regular reports and updates
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalent, plus one year digital marketing, communications, journalism, or related experience. Must currently be enrolled in a related degree program.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively in small group settings.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
None for this position.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain company attendance, punctuality and dependability standards as stated in the company handbook.
• Requires knowledge of social media platforms, content management systems, and Google Analytics.
• Excellent communication and writing skills for a variety of content needs.
• Effective management of multiple projects at varying stages.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Exceptional internal and external customer service.
• The following on-the-job time is spent on physical activities:
Standing – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Walking – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Sitting – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Reaching with hands and arms - 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Stooping, kneeling, or crouching – Under 1/3 of the time
Talking or hearing – Over 2/3 of the time
• This job requires that up to 25 lbs. of weight be lifted or force exerted under 1/3 of the time.
• This job requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances)
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• The specific job duties requiring these physical demands include: For camera and video work you need to lift, stand, focus, and have clear color vision and judge distances.
• Position does not require working near moving mechanical parts. Under 1/3 of the time the job requires working in high, precarious places.
• The typical noise level for the work environment of this job is Moderate
• Must be able to multi-task and trouble shoot.
• Position has many projects with tight deadlines. Time management is needed. Must be able to direct small and large groups of people in a video/photography setting.
• Requires communicating with many people on multiple projects internally and externally.
• Minimal travel may be required.