Wells Fargo Home Preservation Specialist 1 in West Des Moines, Iowa
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The Consumer and Small Business Banking organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers.
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
The Home Preservation Specialist 1 serves as the Single Point of Contact to borrowers and/or agencies whose loans are delinquent or at high risk for delinquency. Develops comprehensive knowledge of the loss mitigation processes and procedures to recommend solutions to maintain home ownership, including modifications, repayment plans or other short term retention options. Reviews the borrower's financial situation and, if modification options are not possible, discusses liquidation options including short sales, and deed in lieu. Communicates with borrowers and/or agencies of loan modification decision, current status, workout options, timelines, coordination touch points, and borrower obligations through the process.
Functions of this role will include:
• Call center environment with inbound/outbound calls & pipeline carrying of 140+ customers
• Interview borrowers to understand their specific situation
• Ensure necessary information and complete packages are received in a timely manner
• Answer inbound inquiries from borrowers regarding the status of the loss mitigation review
• Access information on multiple systems to inform borrowers of loan terms, important dates and deadlines
• Notify customers and ensure their understanding of current status, options, timelines, coordination touch points, customer obligations through the process and the loan modification decision
• Communicate and coordinate with multiple Servicing departments (both internal and external to WF)
• Remain as the single point of contact to borrower throughout the loss mitigation, loan modification, and foreclosure process
• Effectively work in a team environment in an effort to achieve team/volume goals and provide superior customer service
Hours/Schedules being offered * Monday-Friday 11am – 8pm AND Tuesday-Saturday 8 am – 5 pm
*Anticipated Start Date: January 14, 2021
*6 WEEK PAID TRAINING: Hours during training 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Monday-Friday. Attendance is mandatory during training period.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: mortgage loan origination, loss mitigation, collections, default servicing, customer service, or telesales; or a BS/BA degree or higher; or 2+ years of military experience
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
Other Desired Qualifications
• Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
• Ability to work effectively in fast-paced structured but flexible, adaptable and changing, call center environment
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Data entry experience
• Customer service experience
• An AA/AS degree or higher
• Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English
• Experience managing complaints and objections effectively and professionally
Must be able to attend full duration of required training period
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5556432
Updated: 2020-12-03 22:14:16.977 UTC
Location: West Des Moines,Iowa
- Wells Fargo Jobs