American Equity Events Coordinator - Corporate Events in West Des Moines, Iowa
Events Coordinator - Corporate Events
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of a variety of company events (internal and external). This position plays an important role in producing high-quality customer service, prospect-facing and internal events for American Equity. Responsible
for working with the Senior Director to successfully coordinate assigned events from conception to execution, ensuring the highest quality experience while providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the planning and execution of assigned company events ranging in size and type.
• Coordinate with the management of all pre, during and post event logistics including, but not limited to; venue selection, vendor relationships and contracts, attendee management and requests, collateral, amenities, budget adherence, onsite support, website
development and follow-up.
• Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Ensure event presence supports the overall program strategy and goals, creating an experience in line with established vision.
• Manage on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
• Foster strong relationships, working easily with a variety of internal and external teams to drive communication and coordinate all facets of required logistics.
• Produce consistency in events to promote company culture and branding.
• Track event metrics and proactively identify and evaluate innovative event-related opportunities.
• Audit all invoices and reconcile budget to actual at conclusion of program.
• Accountable for building relationships with outside vendors and seeing through the success of scheduled events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or at least 1 year experience coordinating and/or event planning. Financial services experience preferred, but not required.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills and speaking ability.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience with project management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments with little supervision.
• Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
• Travel and the ability to work non-traditional hours required as needed.
• Collaborative team player willing to do whatever is required to get the job completed.
• Strong business sense and understanding of end-user perceptions.
• Passionate, creative and flexible to adapt to changing needs and multiple priorities in a fast paced, high demand environment.
• Ability to proactively anticipate needs and solve problems logically and critically.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively in small or large group settings.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
• None required for this position.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain regular attendance including meeting punctuality and dependability standards necessary for the position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism and customer service presence.
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company as well as customers and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
• The following on-the-job time is spent on physical activities:
Standing – Under 1/3 of the time
Walking – Under 1/3 of the time
Sitting – Over 2/3 of the time
Reaching with hands and arms – Under 1/3 of the time
Stooping, kneeling, or crouching – Under 1/3 of the time
Talking or hearing – Over 2/3 of the time
• This job requires that up to 25 lbs. of weight be lifted or force exerted under 1/3 of the time.
• This job has the following specific vision requirements:
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• Specific job duties requiring these physical demands include heavy use of the computer and lifting boxes with files, reaching, bending, filing, etc.
• Position does not require working near moving mechanical parts or working in high, precarious places.
• The typical noise level for the work environment of this job is Moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
• Specific job duties affected by these environmental conditions include telephone work, printing documents, copying, scanning and faxing.
• Position requires the ability to work well under pressure and to effectively deal with difficult and possibly adversarial situations. Requires the ability to maintain professional composure.
• Requires daily multi-tasking.
• Position requires professionalism and the ability to interact with all levels of staff within the company and outside the company. Poised professionalism and experience working at the corporate level is necessary.