TEKsystems Data Center Technician in West Des Moines, Iowa
ZT Systems is one of America’s fastest growing private companies, with over 19 years of experience designing and building computing products right here in the USA. ZT engineers custom server and rack-level compute solutions that are ‘precision-fit’ to the unique needs of individual large and hyper scale data center customers. We are passionate about delivering the highest quality solutions and exceeding customer expectations. Here at ZT Systems, we recognize leaders and talent and we truly believe that behind every quality solution is a team of quality individuals.
We are currently seeking Datacenter Technicians to be based in specific field locations in support of the company’s end customers as they deploy and maintain ZT servers. The ideal candidate for this role balances technical skills, attention-to-detail, customer focus while following and establishing processes. ZT Systems Datacenter Technicians represent our company in front of our customers every day.
• Respond to service tickets for ZT servers in customer datacenters in a timely manner
• Keep parts lockers up to date and properly stocked at all times
• Troubleshoot and triage server failures to determine the most efficient path to getting a server back online for the customer
• Track server fleet health and validate that ZT is always exceeding customer requirements for total servers online
• Provide consistent, detailed feedback to the ZT engineering team on failures, serviceability of servers, and integration with the datacenter
• Apply firmware and BIOS updates as needed using ZT engineering-approved tools
• Comply with all datacenter safety, security, and operational protocols at all times
• Be an outstanding representative of ZT Systems at all times
Rack and stack, Data center, Hardware troubleshooting, Ticketing system
Top Skills Details:
Hardware Experience 2 years
Ticketing system experience 2 years
Break/fix exp. 2 years
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Here are the details for the shifts and hours**
Two more day shift techs (1 front half, 1 back)
As we have discussed, there will be a day and night shift, and front half of the week vs back half.
Shifts are 6:30AM – 5:30PM (closer to 7-5), with a 1 hour lunch break
Sunday – Tuesday (and every other Wednesday)
Thursday – Saturday (and every other Wednesday)
Each shift needs to have a skilled technician (L2, and a smarthands)
**Customer Service. Ability to work independently with little guidance. Being a self started and able to be efficient while working remote
Entry Level - Intermediate Level
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs