UnityPoint Health Registered Nurse - ENT Clinic in Waterloo, Iowa
RN Clinic Nurse
ENT Clinic - Waterloo, IA
FT: Monday-Friday, Daytime Hours
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
· Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
· Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or ID routes.
· Place urinary catheters and IV per protocol and license.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
· Understand impatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
· Supervision of delegated duties to LPN and CMA on approved clinical protocols.
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back method per protocols and guidelines.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
· Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Registered Nurse.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· No previous clinical experience required beyond education requirements
· Previous clinical experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-87085
Street: 1717 W Ridgeway
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: ENT - UMP
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org