Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa Patient Reg Rep in Waterloo, Iowa
This position is 64 hours every two weeks (0.8 FTE). This does include every other weekend and a holiday rotation. The hours for this position are primarily 3rd shift.
Gathers patient demographic and financial information and enters into computer system. Assigns patient rooms, prepares appropriate documentation and transports/escorts patient to assigned area. Adheres to MercyOne Northeast Iowa's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of MercyOne Northeast Iowa.
High School or Equivalent (GED). Completion of Medical Secretary Program or other general office training preferred.
One-year medical office experience (scheduling, insurance or registration) preferred. Hospital experience and or medical terminology preferred.
Requires the ability to read, write and understand the English language, and communicate effectively with patients, visitors, staff and physicians while performing their job duties.
- Intermediate language, basic math, intermediate reasoning ability.
- Strong computer skills, Windows experience. Database software, mainframe information systems.
- Ability to convey positive image and communicate tactfully and professionally with staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to articulate hospital policies and regulations.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and to work under pressure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled