UnityPoint Health Front Office Supervisor-Storm Lake Family Medicine Clinics in Storm Lake, Iowa
UnityPoint Clinics-Storm Lake
Front Office Supervisor
Full Time Benefits
Storm Lake Family Medicine Clinics
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day front office operations in a medical office practice and monitors the activities of all daily front office operations to include registration, appointment processes, billing and coding. This position includes monitoring staffing needs, delegating work, account denials/error management and resolving patient issues. to ensure the clinic meets its objectives. The Front Office Supervisor reports directly to Clinic Administrator or Senior Clinic Administrator and advises and seeks consent from the organizations leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities in the clinic.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Departmental Support/Employee Development
· Coordinating day to day clinic operations and provide day to day support for schedules of front office staff. Hiring and onboarding of appropriate staff.
· Supervise assigned front office staff.
· Provide Leadership within the clinic setting in order to ensure effective, efficient operations, optimizing performance and continually improving the quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
· Possess in-depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functions performed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies and procedures.
· First line decision maker with respect to employee relations situations; informing appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator of all employee situations and partnering with appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator on high level employee situations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Follow protocols and policies in decision making.
· Identify and resolve day-to-day issues related to position of oversight.
· Seek guidance from clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator as needed.
· Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site. Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Create a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Patient Care/Patient Education
· Establishing effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers and patients. Act as a liaison between providers/patients/leadership.
· Act as a liaison between physicians/providers/patients and the organization’s leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
· Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
· Support UnityPoint Clinic strategic initiatives as requested.
· Responsible for delegated accountability of department metrics.
· Manage controllable expenses as assigned.
· Provide information to support budgeting process as requested.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Business and/or health care management degree preferred.
Patient Access or registration experience required.
· 2-3 years clinic operations experience preferred.
· Insurance billing
· Medical Terminology
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
· Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Preferred knowledge and experience with process improvement.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-77800
Street: 620 Northwestern Dr
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Family Medicine- Buena Vista
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org