UnityPoint Health Senior Administrative Assistant - College President in Sioux City, Iowa
Provide advanced, diversified and confidential services to the College Executive team to assist them in carrying out their duties. Independent judgment is required regarding the organization of departmental files and conducting office procedures. Provide assistance to all matters pertaining to the operation and development of the college.
• Provide Executive level administrative support to the President and the College Executive team, including answering the telephone, arranging travel, giving information and making appointments as requested.
• Prepare correspondence memos, report and other data for the college Executive team
• Maintain President and Executive team’s appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel
• Prepare President’s expense reports and invoices for submission
• Prepare requests for payments/purchases and reconciles President’s Purchase card
• Schedule, coordinate and support all College Board of Directors, Executive team and other meetings as neededo Prepare meeting agendas and other material needed for meetings o Attend and record minutes of all Board, Executive team and other meetings as needed o Build and maintain relationships with Board members to ensure confidence and trust in communicating issues to the President o Maintain an accurate record of proceedings for all meetings, including but not limited to Board of Directors, Executive Team and other meetings as needed
• Provide support and perform administrative duties for advisory committees and other committees as requested, which may include taking minutes, scheduling rooms and sending appointments
• Prepare materials for presentations, such as powerpoint, handouts, etc.
• Set up and use technology for presentations, such as projectors, Skype, Go To Meeting, Microsoft Teams, etc.
• Assist with front desk duties and assist with the way-finding
• Open and prioritize all incoming mail as requested for the President and Executive team; compose replies such as acknowledgements, answer to specific factual questions, follow-up communications, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality of student, college and hospital information at all times
• Must be able to effectively work within the daily mental and physical stresses of the job which include but not limited to: meeting deadlines, attending meetings and working with the public, students, faculty and staff
• Supports special events and publications for students and alumni such as monthly luncheons, reunion activities, alumni newsletter, etc.
• Process payroll for college employees through Kronos
• Process all salary contracts for payroll for adjunct general education faculty
• Manage facilities. Process all work orders and follow them through
• Other duties as assigned
• Develop publications to internal and external constituents on the College i.e. annual reports, newsletters, mission monthly, etc.
• Support and assist with college services and events
• Prepare and coordinate agreements and contracts as requested
• Basic knowledge of College software and database
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of FERPA, HLC, DOE, HIPAA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of college and department compliance requirements for federally funded education programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of college administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- High School graduate plus 2 years of college or commercial/business courses
- Two years of receptionist or secretarial experience
- Valid driver’s license
Excellent oral and written communication
Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with culturally diverse groups
Possess strong computer skills Proficiency and experience in word processing, desktop publishing, Visio and databases
Knowledge and comfortability with use of technology for presentations i.e projectors, skype, etc.
Attention to detail and respect for confidentiality
Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to function effectively with disruptions
Ability to schedule, meet and maintain routines and deadlines and maintain integrity of records
Requisition ID: 2020-77596
Street: 2800 Pierce St
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: College- Administration
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: days 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, occasional evening and weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org