UnityPoint Health RN Care Coordinator-PACE in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Sioux City PACE
Under the supervisions of the Clinical Manager PACE, coordinates and supervises delivery of nursing care and services for Siouxland PACE Participants. Monitors clinical care and service delivery to ensure conformance with established Siouxland PACE best practice and operational policies, procedures and standards. Adheres to the principles of Service Care Standards and the philosophy, mission and values of the Siouxland PACE program in all aspects of job performance.
· Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement and Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures, in order to assure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
· Documents all participant care related activities accurately, legibly, and in compliance with Siouxland PACE policies.
· Is knowledgeable of and complies with Siouxland PACE Safety and Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
· Adheres to Siouxland PACE Participants Rights Policy at all times.
· Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of sensitive participant, employee and agency information.
· Works sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team and keeps team informed of health changes of the participants.
· Develops initial nursing care plans for new participants, provides nursing care and services to participants per plan of care; performs in-person and on-going participant assessments and updates nursing care plans as indicated and required. Performs semi- annual and change in status reassessments of participants, and as indicated, revises plan of care.
· Implements written orders of primary care staff.
· Administers and monitors participants’ medications and treatments, and education as necessary.
· Obtains participants labs, immunization records and other diagnostic reports in a timely manner.
· Observes, records, and reports to primary care staff participants’ changes of condition and/or reactions to drugs and treatments.
· Triages participants by phone and in-person as need arise. Provides timely follow-ups and documents interventions.
· Assists participants in maintaining optimum health per plan of care intervention; provides health education and counseling to participants and caregivers, facing chronic conditions and end of life issues.
· Performs Care Coordination duties for participants to assure the provision of services necessary to maintain participant’s health and safety in the community.
· Assists with orientation of new members of the interdisciplinary team to clinic RN functions.
· Ensures accurate and timely reporting of clinic services for utilization and PACE data collection.
· Attends participant related conferences as indicated.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, in -services, committees and conferences as required.
· Provides nursing on call coverage on a rotating basis.
· Works sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Degree/diploma in nursing
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred.
Two years clinical nursing experience preferred in hospital or nursing facility setting
One year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.
Maintains current registered nursing license in the State of Iowa as required.
Maintains current CPR status or acquire within 30 days of hire.
Maintains current Mandatory Reporter status or acquire within 30 days of hire.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Valid Auto insurance.
Sound clinical skills and demonstrated good judgment
Working knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of the frail and/or elderly population.
Ability to problem-solve and plan effectively.
Effective oral and written communication skills
Maintains and develops basic computer skills
Dependable, flexible and self-directed.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Works required schedule.
Travels occasionally to participant homes.
Maintains current motor vehicle driving license and auto insurance. Has available vehicle to travel to participant residences.
Performs a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97312
Street: 1200 Triview Ave
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: PACE Clinic
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8am-4:30pm (rotating weekend on call)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org