UnityPoint Health Clinical Nurse - Float Pool, Monday-Friday, 8a-5p - Option to work weekends in UC in Sioux City, Iowa
Clinical Nurse- Float Pool
Monday- Friday, 8a-5p Options to work Urgent Care on weekends
Full-Time Benefits, 40 hours/ week
A key contributor when it comes to providing exceptional care to our patients. Our nurses are one of the first encounters a patient will have when coming to a clinic. From assisting patients with their appointments, to taking vitals and building relationships, our nurses are committed to focusing on each patient and providing a great experience.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
· Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
· Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or ID routes.
· Place urinary catheters and IV per protocol and license.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
· Understand impatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
· Supervision of delegated duties to LPN and CMA on approved clinical protocols.
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back method per protocols and guidelines.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
· Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Registered Nurse.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· No previous clinical experience required beyond education requirements
· Previous clinical experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-83468
Street: 5885 Sunnybrook Dr
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Float - Sioux City
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p - Option to work weekends in UC
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org