UnityPoint Health Care Coordinator BSW-Emergency Department 12pm - 10pm Fulltime in Sioux City, Iowa
Assists in meeting the psychosocial needs of the emergency department and outpatients by providing emotional support, counseling, crisis intervention and discharge planning services to patients and families. Care will be provided through a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family, a spirit of inquiry is encouraged and supported and evidence-driven protocols will be utilized to assure reliable and consistent care.
· Provides Emergency Department (ED) care coordination and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and has resources in place for community support
· Coordinates the integration of social services/care coordination functions into patient care, discharge, and home planning processes with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities
· Provides skilled intervention for the support and/or resolution of patient and family crises, problem solving, and decision making
· Improves patient and/or family understanding of and adjustment to the medical diagnosis and the plan of care
· Promotes effective and efficient utilization of ED and community resources. Assists patients with scheduling follow-up treatment and/or establishing Primary Care Physician
· Serves as patient advocate. Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the patient’s and family’s ability to make informed decisions (clinical and/or non-clinical)
· Introduces self to patient and family and explains ED care coordinator role and process for patient and family to contact care coordinator
· Conducts a complete and objective evaluation on patients that present to the emergency room to identify patient/family psychosocial, financial or legal concerns that affect patient care coordination
· Uses established protocols to assess and promptly documents the patient’s health care needs to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care
· Individualizes plan of care based on patient needs and utilizes appropriate community resources to optimize patient outcomes
· Provides care coordination/communication between community resources and the patient and/or family
· Provides short term crisis intervention counseling for patient/family as needed
· Communicates with physicians at regular intervals throughout ED visit and with community partners to develop an effective working relationship. Assists physicians and community advocates to maintain appropriate cost, case, and desired patient outcomes
· Collaborates with ED staff and community resource staff in the development and execution of the plan of care and achievement of goals
· Performs staff education related to resource utilization, discharge planning and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery
· Maintains good, effective communication with all team members including inpatient care coordinators during hand off of care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Graduate of an accredited Social Work program or related field
3 to 5 years clinical experience as SW
Bachelor of Social Work (licensure not required)
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must be CPI Certified with the first 90 days of employment.
Excellent communication skills, particularly in face-to-face personal contact with patients and families
Critical thinking and problem solving skills and coping effectively with stressful situations. Must possess time management skills
Knowledge of social services in a health care setting, including crisis intervention, support counseling and discharge planning
Understand the concepts of levels of care, payment systems and insurance requirements
Working knowledge of community information and resources for referrals
Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services/care appropriate to the age and diagnosis of patients served across the continuum of care, in accordance with the hospital/departmental/unit standards.
Maintain working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest and professional behavior.
· Discretion in handling highly confidential information from patients and ability to work with highly diverse populations
Requisition ID: 2020-84484
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Case Management- SLRMC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 12p-10p every other weekend 4 days a week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org