Ruthven Community Care Center Laundry Aide in Ruthven, Iowa
Full Time Position--Includes every other weekend and every other holiday.
Performs a full range of laundry services to assure resident’s clothing and linen supplies are maintained in clean, serviceable condition under the supervision of the Environmental Services (Housekeeping) Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Gathers soiled laundry from various locations throughout the facility and transports to laundry area according to established Infection Control procedures and schedules.
- Sorts laundry by color, fabric and type and prepares for washing by pre-soaking and spot cleaning as needed and according to established procedures.
- Loads washers and dryers to proper capacity, sets proper cycle, time, and temperature, dispenses proper detergents and chemicals or sets dispensing equipment according to procedures and instructions.
- Folds, hangs and stacks items from dryer specific to different types of items, fabric content, size, or other identifying characteristics.
- Recognizes items in need of ironing and irons them if necessary.
- Recognizes items in need of repair or beyond repair, mends items in need of mending. If unable to repair item, reports to supervisor.
- Distributes clean laundry to resident rooms or to general storage areas according to procedures and time frames, and in accordance with resident’s rights and facility loss and theft control practices.
- Maintains washers, dryers, other equipment, and the laundry area in proper condition according to established schedules and procedures.
- Performs established infection control, universal precautions, and safety procedures in transporting, handling, processing, storing of soiled and clean laundry, use and storage of laundry and cleaning chemicals and disposal of refuse and waste materials.
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred). License/Certifications:
CPR Certification (preferred). Continuing Educational Requirement:
Required to complete annual 12-hour in-service training programs (as well as supplemental online education). Failure to complete the 12-hour in-service training program, or any other requirement under internal policies, local, state, or federal law may result in termination