Ruthven Community Care Center Cook in Ruthven, Iowa
Assures that resident meals and other nourishments are prepared, cooked, and apportioned according to authorized menus and individual care plans, and are served according to established schedules and procedures. Prior experience in long term care is highly preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepares or directs the preparation of food items which are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Adheres to written recipes, menus, and individual diet orders.
- Prepares food items, special diets, snacks and nourishments according to establish schedules and meal times.
- Labels and/or otherwise identifies meals, special diets, and nourishments with resident name, room number, or other identifier, to assure that each resident receives food in accordance with care plan, physician’s orders, and resident preference.
- Avoids waste of food items and dietary supplies.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment, utensils, counters, preparation and storage areas according to established schedules, facility and departmental policies for routine cleaning.
- Labels, dates, and appropriately stores food items and leftovers immediately after use.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a perpetual inventory of food and supplies, immediately correcting any discrepancies or shortages.
- Maintains strict compliance with established policies, practices, and standards regarding food preparation and storage.
- Logs and records temperatures of food storage and refrigeration equipment as requested.
- Assists in the orientation and on-the-job training of newly hired dietary staff members.
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
- Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs, builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and establishes good rapport with the residents.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience working in long term care cook position (highly preferred).
High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred). License/Certifications:
CPR Certification (preferred).