Ruthven Community Care Center Administrator in Ruthven, Iowa
Ruthven Community Care Center is a 48-bed skilled facility with both Assisted Living and Independent Living. We are community-owned and centrally located between Spencer, Emmetsburg and Estherville, Iowa. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Administrator looking to call this warm and growing facility “home”!
The Administrator is responsible for the overall operation of the facility including staffing, budgeting, administrative and regulatory compliance. Provides supervision and administration of quality nursing care and directs the hiring and training of all personnel in order to provide excellent resident care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and implements effective goals in alignment with the strategies of the organization, manages fiscal responsibility delivering acceptable profitability as well as planning for facility maintenance and growth.
- Maintains and reviews all cost reports for income versus expenditures and balances remaining according to all applicable rules/regulation of state and federal laws.
- Responds to common inquiries or complaints from residents, family members, staff, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Presents information senior leadership, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Possess initiative, good judgment, and leadership ability to work well with community, residents, families and staff.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for elderly population. Assists facility staff in establishing home-like atmosphere for residents.
- Maintains facility regulatory documents and works proactively to ensure maximum resident satisfaction and census based on staffing.
- Encourages and promotes relationships with outside resources/organizations to meet resident and community needs. Maintains strong relationships and serves as liaison with community hospitals and other health facilities in the community.
- Meets requirements for submission of reports, records, documentation as required by internal policies, state and federal rules, regulations and laws for health care facilities.
- Reviews physical condition of facility. Directs repairs and new construction programs, within the financial capabilities approved by the board. Authorizes the purchase of major equipment and supplies.
- Leads by example, fosters open communication and resolves conflict in a constructive manner. Manages and coaches department head staff; provides overall site leadership to facility staff; establishes and maintains culture that supports the mission/vision of the organization and facility.
- Ensures employees are appropriately recruited, selected, provided effective onboarding and training. Holds employees accountable to clear performance expectations.
- Completes performance reviews and provides timely and effective feedback to employees. Takes appropriate action to address performance problems.
- Schedules appropriate staffing levels in department to meet facility needs.
- Regularly plans and leads department head meetings.
- Demonstrates fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our core values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned. Is proactive to change.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Health Care Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Astute with business financial analytics and management.
- Advanced training in healthcare facility administration through workshops and institutes.
Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, and laws pertaining to health facility operation. License/Certifications:
Current Iowa Administratorâ€™s License (required)
- CPR Certification (required). Additional Responsibilities:
Continuing Educational Requirement
- Required to complete annual 12-hour in-service training programs (as well as supplemental online education).:
Regulatory Compliance Requirements:
- Report any arrest, charge, or conviction of a crime other than a traffic violation, and receipt of notice of any agency investigation or charge, including investigations relating to licensure, certification status, or dependent adult or child abuse within 48 hours and may not provide services pending such a report. Failure to report may result in termination.
- Understand the nature of Resident Care and Resident Rights and comply with these requirements at all times.
- Report reasonable beliefs a dependent adults has suffered dependent adult abuse by another employee to the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Report reasonable beliefs a dependent adult has suffered dependent adult abuse by a caretaker to the Iowa Department of Human Services within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Report any information that may impact patient/resident care, including, but not limited to, violations of resident rights and HIPAA violations to his/her supervisor.