JBS USA LIVESTOCK HANDLER MANAGER in Ottumwa, Iowa
POSITION: Livestock Handling Manager
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
SALARY CLASS: Salary
• Be able to communicate written and verbally in English
• Be able to work all 3 shifts as needed
• Able to work in hot temperatures
• Computer skills required
• Verify that all humane handling SOPs are being carried out, including scheduling, unloading, training, handling of non-ambulatory animals, driving & stunning.
• Monitor, audit & document each of these activities.
• Collect information on sources of high stress animals in order to provide feedback for improvement by the supplying producers.
• Insure that livestock truck drivers are certified in TQA training, provide training as required & maintain training records.
• Assist with contingency planning & providing proper care for animals in event of major plant delays.
• Serve as facility liaison for USDA-FSIS in matters related to humane handling.
• Correlate with QA & Product Management as to impact of animal handling on meat quality.
• Insure that animals are being properly transported by monitoring equipment & seasonal preparation, working with Procurement to provide timely notification to producers.
• Monitor animals for visible defects which may impact yields or quality, providing information to Procurement for feedback to producers.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
• Animal Science or degree in related field preferred, plus 2 years’ experience with livestock handling.
• Option without degree would be 5 years’ experience in livestock handling, with at least 3 of those years in management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- JBS USA Jobs