Mahaska Health Partnership Occupational Therapist in Oskaloosa, Iowa
The staff licensed occupational therapist evaluates, examines, treats, monitors and provides ongoing assessment of patients/clients; performs all necessary paperwork/reports; plans and develops new programs; maintains communication with patients/clients; patient/client family, caregiver and physician/providers; presents in-services; assists in general management of the department; supervises therapy assistants and support staff; and other diverse duties as requested or required.
• Evaluate/assess the patient/client and determine a treatment plan using approved examination and evaluation procedures. Interpret evaluation findings and communicate the treatment plan to the patient/client, family, caregiver and care team.
• Prepare necessary documentation including evaluations, daily notes, progress notes, updated plan of cares, discharge summaries and logs in a timely manner according to federal, state and facility-specific rules and regulations.
• Consult with other members of the rehabilitation team to select treatment programs consistent with the needs and capabilities of the patient and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
• Develop effective home programs to maintain and enhance patient/client performance in his/her environment.
• Develop treatment protocals/procedures using evidence-based guidelines, patient/client-specific goals, timely documentation, and discharge recommendations.
• Develop and initiate referrals from licensed healthcare professionals. Respond in a timely manner to referrals. Develop effective rapport with referring healthcare practitioners.
• Present a positive service-oriented approach with patients/clients, family, caregivers, facility staff, and co-workers at all times.
• Monitor patient/client progress and modify the treatment plan and procedures as appropriate. Review the patient/client treatment program to maintain effective and efficient quality service.
• Train therapists in skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluate therapists’ functional progress.
• Assist with orientation of new staff, volunteers, and students. Supervise physical therapy assistants in accordance with federal and state regulations.
• Assist with equipment maintenance and monitor supply inventory.
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to reducing costs and improving productivity in the rehabilitation department.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle changing schedule of patients/clients.
• Maintain positive working relationship with the healthcare team, patient/client, family and caregiver.
• Asssist with Quality Assurance reports and records. Complete facility reports as required.
• Understand and comply with all hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to, universal precautions, safety, risk, and emergency.
Bachelor’s (BA., BS.), Master’s (MA., MS.) or Doctorate (DPT) degree in Occupational Therapy
Licensure accroding to state regulations
Valid Driver's license
Requisition ID: 2021-1109
External Company Name: Mahaska Health Partnership
External Company URL: www.mahaskahealth.org
Street: 1229 C Ave E