Mitchell County Regional Health Center Temporary-Part Time Entrance Screener #0859 in Osage, Iowa
Hours will be noon-5pm Monday-Friday, with rotating Saturdays 7:45am-noon
The Entrance Screener implements assigned protocols to ensure that patients, visitors, vendors, and others coming to MCRHC meet established standards.
The following Job Responsibilities/Duties are intended to describe the general nature of the responsibilities and duties associated with this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the incumbent(s) in this position. The responsibilities and duties of this position are subject to change at any time.
- Welcomes, greets, and screens patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is helpful and friendly.
- Implements current entrance screening process.
- Participates as a member of a supportive and collaborative team.
- Follows current personal protective equipment protocols.
- Ensures the highest level of customer service in all interactions.
- Communicates concerns and/or issues that arise in a timley manner to the appropriate person.
- Presents a positive image to the public through proper appearance and pleasant demeanor.
- Maintain patient and organizational confidentiality.
- Supports and abides by all PHO departmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and values of Mitchell County Regional Health Center and Mercy Health Network.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by Senior Director of Process Excellence and/or Senior Administrative Team.
- Demonstrates Guiding Behavior Expectations in all interactions with all parties.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected.
* ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS*
- Attends departmental/PHO inservices and meetings as required or requested.
- Assists in process improvements.
* POSITION QUALIFICATIONS*
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Special Skills & Aptitudes:
- The ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people is required.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrate accountability.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with people in a courteous manner
* ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS*
- Must be able to change positions from sitting, standing, reaching, bending, walking, and stooping very frequently.
- Must be able to communicate verbally.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend or reach overhead frequently.
- Must be able to perform detailed tasks while being continuously interrupted and be able to change work priorities.
- Must be able to hear well.
Job Start/End Date: 21-Jul-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
Location: Osage, IA, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Other