Sparboe Farms Production Manager in New Hampton, Iowa
Sparboe Foods is a growing company that prides itself on giving its employees ample opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. Employees work in a clean, safe, temperature controlled environment.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
Position Title: Production Manager
Position Summary: The Production Manager – Sparboe Foods is responsible for all plant production/processing activities for the New Hampton facility. This individual is responsible for meeting the customer’s product needs while minimizing cost and maximizing safety, quality and productivity. This is a key position on the Sparboe Foods Management Team and, as such, is expected to play a principle role in forming and implementing the division’s future.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Manage and direct all activities of the breaking plant, liquid processing plant, drying operation and sanitation team with the objective of consistently achieving production quality standards and customer expectations, controlling production costs, and increasing operating efficiency.
- Manage and direct all activities concerning plant safety, including ensuring standard operating procedures are up-to-date and communicated, proactive measures are in place to prevent accidents and injuries, and supervisors and employees take appropriate steps to comply with all company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure Sparboe Foods Division’s production and quality standards are achieved.
- Hire, develop and manage employees in the New Hampton facility with the objective to achieve overall maximum performance and provide an environment that fosters employee retention and growth.
- Collaborate with Sales and Purchasing leaders to ensure Sparboe Foods Division’s service standards are achieved.
- Establish and maintain a practice of open and productive communications by conducting regular management meetings and taking advantage of information sharing sessions with employees.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Skills and experience with labor, hiring and management practices
- Budget management
- Ability to develop relationships, consult with and influence decisions of superiors, direct reports, and external contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills, focus on accuracy and detail
- Sound judgment and unwavering ethics
- Self-motivation, independent work habits
- Bi-lingual is a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are only accepted online. Please follow the link on this posting to fill out an application.
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: November 9, 2018