UnityPoint Health Security Officer in Muscatine, Iowa
The Security Officer works to provides a safe and secure environment for all of UnityPoint Health – Trinity properties. On foot and by vehicle, this role monitors hospital buildings and premises to prevent theft, vandalism, unauthorized intruders and protect patients, staffs and visitors. The Security Officer provides input in developing security procedures, which address the day to day physical security needs of Trinity Regional Health System. A high school diploma or GED, valid driver's license and insurability, Microsoft Office/basic computer skills, read/write/comprehends/speaks fluent English, multicultural sensitivity, and a customer/patient focus are required. The following certifications are required prior to employment or obtained within the first 6 months of employment: Crisis Prevention Intervention, Patient Restraint and Seclusion, Handcuffs, Pepper Spray and JPX. Prior military, law enforcement, security, or healthcare experience is preferred.
· Monitors the safety and security of the hospital through documented inspection tours and customer focused interactions
· Patrol hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and intruders.
· Monitors the conduct of visitors on hospital premises and appropriately questions/escorts unauthorized persons as needed.
· Perform investigations and reports safety and security violations as needed.
· Monitor, manage and respond to hospital security systems such as cameras systems, panic alarms, access control systems, infant abduction systems and wandering systems.
· Maintains a daily security log of all interactions. Creates incident reports and unusual occurrence reports when necessary.
High School Graduate or GED equivalent
Valid Driver's Licence
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
The following certifications are required prior to employment or obtained within the first 6 months of employment:
· Crisis Prevention Intervention
· Patient Restraint and Seclusion
· Pepper Spray and JPX
International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Basic Certification
Military, law enforcement or medical background.
Customer service or public relations experience.
Requisition ID: 2020-77465
Street: 1518 Mulberry Ave
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 3rd shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org