The Raymond Corporation Material Control Specialist Supervisor - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Resolves complex issues involving the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of the movement of materials through the production and/or change cycle. Coordinates the availability of materials with Purchasing, Production and Engineering.
- Determines material requirements from planning systems, customer orders, engineering and production schedules and/or changes, customer orders, and maintains inventory at planned levels.
- Determines the quantities, delivery schedules of raw material, purchased parts, and assemblies required to sustain scheduled production and/or to implement engineering change.
- Ensures all materials related to Change Requests are appropriately routed and completed and that all impacted areas receive final change distribution in accordance with work instructions.
- Processes rejected parts and takes corrective action for replacement, rework or credit.
- Schedules and coordinates flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant.
- Reviews Master Production Schedule and/or ECO orders, work orders, and the planning system. Responds to priorities for specified customer orders and revises schedule accordingly.
- Works with management, Purchasing and Engineering teams to evaluate supplier reliability where suppliers are not meeting requirements.
- Develops forecasted requirements for new contract orders and/or engineering change.
- Ensures system files are updated with proper information.
- Facilitates planning/inventory/change committees and/or teams for assigned products/product lines as required.
- Performs related work as assigned.