The Raymond Corporation Engineering Manager - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Responsible for the planning and execution of assigned product engineering activities or portions of minor projects for a team of engineers, designers, and technicians. Assesses progress and recommends changes to project direction when appropriate. Plans, organizes, controls, directs and follows-up on group assignments. Operates under general supervision with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action.
- Manages employee performance (mentor, coach, train, and develop) through clear objective setting and timely, constructive, and honest performance feedback / appraisals.
- Initiates action and recommends approval of promotions, merit increases, transfers, leave of absence and other personnel changes.
- Manages team progress against plans, objectives, and commitments.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to Product Development Process and other department and company processes.
- Provide technical guidance and ensure sound application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Develops and effectively manages budgets and corporate resources.
- Establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for department in support of company Vision.
- Effectively creates and conducts presentations to all levels or the organization.
- Must be able to solve problems in timely fashion using proven methods and TPS principles.
- Responsible for establishing and leading engineering projects with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Partner with other TMHG teams, dealers, and customers to effectively define and execute engineering and project activities
- Must have strong computer skills and be able to effectively create and use visual management tools such as graphs, charts, A3's, etc.
- Must demonstrates a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results.
- Willing / able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust and professional relationships.
- Must be able to create and foster a team atmosphere of open communication.