UnityPoint Health Economic Navigator- Social Workers in Muscatine, Iowa
The Economic Navigator plays an essential role in supporting youth and family success by performing a variety of health and social services care coordinator responsibilities, and connecting youth and families with various academic, medical, dental, social/emotional and other support service needs.
The overall function of the Economic Navigator will be to identify families with elementary-aged children who receive weekend “backpack” food subsidies and engage the custodial parent(s) to participate in a six-week intensive earn-while-you-learn upskill training program (e.g., welding, certified nursing assistant) with employment guaranteed upon successful course completion. The Economic Navigator begins care by addressing emergent social determinant needs and then moves to barrier reduction in order to support the parents on their journey of job skill training, certification and sustainable employment.
· Collaborates and receives referrals from designated school officials for youth/families who are identified as needing food resources program offered in the schools.
Direct Patient Care Coordination
· Assess and link students and/or family members to health services, such as medical or dental clinics, insurance, mental/behavioral/substance health services, or other services designed to meet specific social determinant of needs.
· Collaborates with community partners and business personnel to establish strategies that will support the success of the youth and caregiver’s successful health and economic outcomes.
· Facilitates communication among academic, community resources, employers, and caregivers.
· Supports the development of measurable self-attainment goals established by the parents.
· Connect the parents with financial literacy services within the community
· Connects the family to community-based programs such as in-home family support programs, group support, public health programs, housing, household resources, employment, etc.
· Arranges for appointments and transportation for the family to medical, dental, mental health, and substance use disorder appointments.
· Coordinates and participates in multidisciplinary meetings for the youth and/or family.
· Assist/maintain data and statistics in accordance with funding and governmental regulations
· Assists with revision of policies and procedures as assigned.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Requires a BA, BS, or BSW in behavioral healthcare services related field.
Master’s degree preferred
· At least three years of experience required working with children, adolescents, and families in a professional setting
· Excellent customer service skills
· Outstanding communication skills
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Participates in program development, education and public speaking
· Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served.
· Working autonomously
· Ability to work with diverse populations
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-77159
Street: 1609 Cedar St
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Name: Community Med Administrat
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .80
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8am-4:30pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org