Wells Dairy Inc. Intern - Transportation - Summer 2021 in Le Mars, Iowa
Under general supervision provides essential support for departmental functions that include a wide range of activities and initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform operational and administrative functions as it relates to academic major.
- Work on special projects as assigned by functional leader.
- Assist in implementing functional strategies and support the team in reaching goals and objectives.
- Support the departmental deliverables and help in planning and supporting tasks.
- Maintain files tracking accessorial freight charges and invoice inaccuracies.
- Act as a resource in Logistics for all internal customers.
- Consistently looks to improve Total Cost of Ownership in a spirit of Continuous Improvement by collecting information, analyzing, recommending, communicating, and executing reduction in waste.
- Allocate freight costs to individual customer accounts from the Carrier freight invoices.
- Creates Vehicle Master Active report, Fuel Recap report, Gasboy Fuel Costing report, and Fleet Vehicle Mileage report on a monthly basis.
- Create Vehicle Audit Report on a daily basis.
- Tracks the DOT Fuel Index on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with Load Analysts and Carriers to reconcile Carrier freight invoices for accuracy.
- Have an applicable degree program and coursework that corresponds with the internship applied for. Prefer entering their Junior/Senior year of a 4 year degree program.
- Prefer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Some familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001200