Wells Dairy Inc. Intern - Packaging Engineering - Summer 2021 in Le Mars, Iowa
Under general supervision provides essential support for departmental functions that include a wide range of activities and initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform operational and administrative functions as it relates to academic major.
- Independently work on special projects as assigned by functional leader.
- Assist in implementing functional strategies and contribute to the team's success in reaching goals and objectives.
- Support the departmental deliverables and be proactive in planning and supporting tasks.
- Support Line Extension programs to become familiar with Wells systems on specifications, etc.
- Support the packaging engineering team to audit plants in support of consolidation project and streamlining to understand current packaging equipment, and collaborating with Plant and Research Engineering departments for accurate data.
- Conduct research as needed such as stick insertion standards and develop packaging standards.
- Assist packaging engineers with lab testing as needed and help develop Standard Operating Procedures for Lab Testing Protocols.
- Conduct competitive research
- Support and/or lead in the develop packaging programs such as film, carton, and case sizing for new product launches.
- Support Plant Trials
- Support innovation sprints as needed to secure mock ups, gather stimuli, etc.
- Have an applicable degree program and coursework that corresponds with the internship applied for. Prefer entering their Junior/Senior year of a 4 year degree program.
- Prefer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicable experience within the technical fields preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position. Effective presentation skills.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001203