Wells Dairy Inc. Assistant Machine Operator - Hoyer - Red Plant - Nights - South Plant - $5000 Sign On Bonus in Le Mars, Iowa
Under the direction of the production supervisor and operator, the Assistant Machine Operator is responsible for filling in for the Crew Leader in their absence and providing support and execution to ensure operation of the production line.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for adhering to all safe work procedures and practices of safety, and proactively identifies safety issues.
- Communicates effectively, appropriately, and respectfully with each member of the organization. Emphasizes the values of trust, integrity and respect during all communications within the organization.
- Perform all routine work on the assigned line in addition to Assistant Machine Operator tasks as assigned by Supervisor, filling in for Crew Leader when needed.
- Assists in providing effective solutions to difficult problems by using logic and problem solving skills. Develops critical thinking skills by looking beyond the obvious to contribute to finding the facts in support of defining the root cause of problems.
- Supports a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset by participating in continuous improvement initiatives through communication and by engaging team.
- Exhibits strong individual responsibility towards the delivery of team metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Uses sound decision making skills in the execution of general production duties based on company documented processes and procedures (SOPs, Standard Work, Etc.), adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able top communicate effectively and follow detailed instructions.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001224