UnityPoint Health CMA / LPN / RN - Clinic Operations Lead II - Hiawatha Urgent Care in Hiawatha, Iowa
Clinical Operations Lead II - Urgent Care Clinics
FT, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Lead will be expected to pick up evening and weekend shifts as it is needed)
Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator with overseeing the day-to-day management of the patient care team in providing quality and cost-effective patient care. This position also spends 50% of the time doing direct patient care. Position requires CMA, LPN or RN credential.
Clinical Excellence/Staff Development
· Coordinate clinic operations, establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures as directed by the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator.
· Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator with day-to-day financial operations of the clinic such as ordering of supplies, preparing invoices for payment and ensuring patient payments are posted and deposited appropriately.
· Timely and accurate preparation and submission of biweekly payroll reports under direction of the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with clinic staff, providers, patients and clinic manager to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
· Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator with interviewing and hiring including completing employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordinating orientation and training programs for new staff members.
· Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator with evaluating the performance and training needs of the clinic staff.
· Establish a mechanism to track physicians, providers and staff completion of mandatory licensure and training requirements.
· Schedule and complete follow-up for monthly staff meetings.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Patient Care/Patient Education
· Perform nursing/medical assistant duties as directed by Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
· Completion of an accredited nursing program (RN or LPN), medical assistant program (AAMA/NCCT/RMA) or an AMA-approved school of radiologic technology program.
· Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and supervising preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with process improvement preferred.
· Two years or more in working position.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise.
· Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-83529
Street: 1001 N Center Point Rd
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Urgent Care Hiawatha- CR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Generally M-F, 8am-5pm (Will be required to pick up different shifts occasionally)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org