UnityPoint Health Sterile Processing Tech-Sterile Processing-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, responsible for the efficient and timely management of instruments, supplies and equipment resources. Instrument care includes staffing the decontamination, cleaning, prep/pack, sterilization, delivery, and storage. Supply management includes requisitioning; receiving, storage, and building case carts.
• Performs cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination duties on medical instrumentation and equipment.
• Sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies. Perform quality indicators including but not limited to biologicals, process challenge devices, chemical indicators, and process monitoring. Maintains sterilization records for all processes.
• Assembles instruments, instrument trays, and packs including documentation.
• Receives, issues, stores, and distributes supplies with accurate documentation.
• Assures proper storage of sterile supplies and equipment using first in first out rotation and periodic outdating.
• Assembles case carts accurately and in a timely manner giving priority to emergency and next day cases.
• Fills supply and instrument order requests as received from other areas.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Maintains inventory supply levels.
• Properly sterilizes instruments and equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions for use.
• Delivers high quality care demonstrating knowledge and skills of the sterile processing specialty in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of care.
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
• Central Service/Materials management course preferred.
• Must have the ability to learn and manage multiple tasks and to learn basic computer skills.
• Previous sterile processing or surgical services experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• CRCST certification preferred.
Requisition ID: 2020-79967
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Sterile Processing
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8 hour shifts, 4 shifts per week, week days worked may vary due to work load. Day shift hours.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org