UnityPoint Health Rn-Resource Pool in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
RN - Resource Pool
FTE: .60 (Part-time, 48 hours per pay period)
Shift: Monday-Friday 7a-7p with every 3rd weekend
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making
the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family
and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge
and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with
established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety,
and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the
assigned service area. · Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers
and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care. · Utilizes critical thinking
in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the
knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that
enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’
age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing
errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as
adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state
regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally
funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and
abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported
Graduate of accredited nursing program. Education: Complete Assigned Essential of Critical
Care orientation modules and the ECG module, refer to Job Description Addendum. Complete
2 hours of Stroke education first year and then 1 year annually.
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft
Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using
independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2018-43090
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Nursing Float
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7a-7p, 4 shifts per 2 weeks, every 3rd f/s/s, 2 holidays a year
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org