UnityPoint Health Registered Nurse-Critical Care Unit, Trinity Hospital in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Trinity Hospital
Registered Nurse-Critical Care Unit
Days/Nights 12 hour shift
Part Time Benefits
Fort Dodge, IA
Assesses and manages the care of assigned patients. Works closely with patients, families, peers, managers, care coordinators, physicians and other healthcare team members to ensure that the patients are getting the best possible care during their stay.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Assesses and monitors total physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual needs of adult and geriatric patients.
· With guidance from/collaboration with the care coordinator, initiates and prioritizes with the patient/significant other, an individualized, interdisciplinary team (IDT) plan of care reflective of changing needs/goals as determined by evaluating the patient/significant other response to the plan of care.
· Provides nursing care in accordance with nursing standards and the adult and geriatric patient's IDT plan of care.
· With guidance and direction of the care coordinator assesses and plans for discharge needs, evaluates adult and geriatric patients and significant others educational needs and initiates and implements appropriate teaching protocols or makes appropriate referrals.
· Documents nursing care consistent with documentation guidelines.
· Communicates with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
· Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of nursing unit and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
· Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/nursing committees and other related activities.
· Demonstrates positive customer relation skills.
· Must successfully complete and pass unit required educational classes.
· Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
· Assists physicians with procedures.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. Refer to BSN Employee Voluntary Agreement.
Current RN Licensure in State of Iowa or applicable compact state.
Must be licensed in state of residence.
Certification in ACLS, BLS, TNCC, ALICE and MOAB. Refer to job Description Addendum.
Completion of a hospital-approved Critical Care course within two years of starting classes. CCU RNs are a member of the Primary stroke team. Refer to Stroke Serivce Policy for annual stroke education requirements.
Ability to delegate wisely, exercise good judgment, maintain effective interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically and think creatively. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills required for specialized area of assignment. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care appropriate to adult and geriatric patients. Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
Electronic and mechanical patient care equipment, office equipment, medications, including controlled substances and therapeutic gasses. Highly technical monitoring equipment. Computer skills.
Gloves, fluid resistant gowns, goggles, masks.
Requisition ID: 2020-78584
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Intensive Care Unit
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: days/nights 12 hour shift (24 hours a week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org