UnityPoint Health Integrated Health Home Care Coordinator-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge, IA
Integrated Health Home Care Coordinator
Full Time Benefits
Position serves as an integral member of the Integrated Health Home. Primary responsibility is to work closely with patients, families, physicians and other providers as part of IHH department to help support with medical and behavioral health needs.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Interact and build relationships with other community agencies
· Refer patients to community resources and generate referrals as needed which can include SUD treatment.
· Create an integrated health treatment plan with patient and/or family’s participation
· Work with MCO’s or other resources to obtain funding
· Follow up with referral sources to ensure that patients and other providers are following their treatment plan
· Obtain health information from patients including but not limited to height, weight, waist circumference, allergies, current and previous medications
· Responsible for ensuring that one’s caseload is meeting health performance indicators
· Enter patient health information into computer system
· Assist patients and/or families in completing patient assistance and other public assistance forms
· Assist patients and/or families in completing Integrated Health Home enrollment forms
· Assist patients and/or families in completing health questioners which includes SBIRT and PHQ2 and Crisis plans.
· Provide direct services to patients as needed including but not limited to transportation.
· Provide monthly contact through face to face or phone calls.
· Participation in staffing and care plan meetings with collaborative agencies
· Other duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Education, or another Human Service related field
Six months experiences working in human services capacity as a intern or employee
One year experience working in behavioral health or related field.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Class D license
Computer skills, exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically and think creatively. Individual will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to adult and geriatric patients with severe and persistent mental illnesses. Individual will demonstrate effective written and verbal skills allowing communication with physicians, co-workers, other clinic/hospital personnel, as well as the public. Position requires good organizational skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Cell phone required
Requisition ID: 2020-80376
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org