UnityPoint Health HME Retail Sales Representative-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
HME Retail Sales Representative
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Full Time Benefits
Fort Dodge, IA
Greets clients providing courteous, caring and professional assistance. Instructs patient/family/caregiver in the use of medical equipment. Receives orders, restocks and maintains storefront and assists with preparing equipment for delivery. Work directly with affiliates including clinic staff and physicians to provide products that help their patients with daily living
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Instructs patient/family/caregiver in the use of medical equipment.
· Receives orders, restocks and maintains storefront and assists with preparing equipment for delivery.
· Delivers and sets up or picks-up equipment to/from storefront and hospital
· Maintain current information on products, insurance changes, reimbursement trends and other market trends that may affect store profitability.
· Actively promote HME store sales and rentals to all identified customers to ensure continuous growth and profitability.
· Provide troubleshooting assistance to patients for equipment, supply and rental issues.
· Work directly with affiliates including clinic staff and physicians to provide HME products that help their patients with daily living.
· Assists in the provision of quality equipment and supplies to patients/clients in a cost-effective manner.
· Inform client of insurance coverage and responsibilities for payment of services not paid by third party payers.
· Initiate and coordinate prior authorization requests to third party payers and maintain a working knowledge of third party payer guidelines.
· Handle opening/closing of all sales within the storefront daily
· Facilitate equipment/supply inquiries or questions with accurate and timely resolution.
· Coordinate incoming calls and direct inquiries and referrals to the appropriate individual.
· Process all incoming work orders, interviewing client to secure demographic and financial data and securing authorization.
· Greets clients providing courteous, caring and professional assistance
· Communicate with management regularly to review service issues and opportunities for improvement to ensure the delivery of high quality service to all internal and external customers.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, customers and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development
· Perform other duties as requested by management to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School or Vocational School graduate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Associate degree in business or health related field or equivalent of at least 3-5 years in health care environment.
Demonstrated leadership in a customer service or health care role.
· 3-5 years of experience in a sales or customer service role in the HME or similar industry
· Demonstrated experience in training, leading and/or motivating staff in a dynamic environment
· Experience and proficiency in computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)
· Proven customer service skills.
· Detail oriented, well organized and able to work independently and with a team
· Ability to have positive interaction with staff being supervised, including counseling, dialogues, problem solving and employee performance
· Ability to prioritize tasks, and direct staff accordingly so that departmental and organizational targets are met
· Ability to problem solve and analyze issues that come up related to:
· HME software system
· Departmental day-to-day operations
· Interdepartmental issues
· Ability to address concerns of physicians, patients, families, referrals or internal staff
· Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and respond to a diverse group of customers
· Excellent listening, analytical, and time management skills
· Basic knowledge of the unique service line functions for HME services.
· Basic knowledge of specific regulatory and reimbursement requirements relevant to each of the areas supervised
· Knowledge of health insurance billing and authorizations/referrals
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Openly and actively communicates information.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
· Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Communication-written & verbal
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-80330
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Operations- HME- FD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org