CommonSpirit Health Receptionist in DUNLAP, Iowa
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Answer phone calls and direct them appropriately.
- Schedule appointments according to office guidelines.
- Obtain accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays (TOS) and deductible amounts.
- Copy/scan patient access related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
- Prepare charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
- Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including priceing services, collecting patient respondibility payments and scheduling follow-up appoinments.
- Perform duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
- Confirm next day appointments and alert patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
- Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send out appropriate communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements. Demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills. Organizational and time management skills. Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements. Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
High Scholl Diploma or equivalent preferred. 1 year of healthcare experience preferred.
Connect With Us!
|Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?|
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.