UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-Y5 Renal/Uro/Transplant-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides clerical support for staff. Delivers and obtains information, specimens, and supplies within the facility. Contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families. This is a 22 bed medical surgical unit with patient population consisting of urology, nephrology and transplant.
• Prioritizes dissemination of information using available technology.
• Assists with maintaining readiness of patient care equipment.
• Effectively and accurately maintains patient records.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views; gives them welcome feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Manages supplies and patient care supplies i.e., order, obtain and store supplies.
• Must be able to transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher.
• Must be able to manipulate cart loaded with supplies.
High school diploma or equivalent. UNIT CLERK EXPERIENCE, OR EXPERIENCE IN A MEDICAL OFFICE SETTING PREFERRED. Medical terminology needed. Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English. 40 wpm typing. Personable with good phone etiquette.
Requisition ID: 2020-80077
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.93/Hr.
Name: Med/Surg Y5- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days 7a-730p M,W,F (36 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org