UnityPoint Health Sterile Processing Tech-CSP-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, responsible for the efficient and timely management of instruments, supplies and equipment resources used for the delivery of patient care.
• Performs cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination duties on medical equipment.
• Sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies. Perform quality indicators and maintain sterilization records.
• Assembles instruments, instrument trays, and packs including documentation.
• Receives, issues, stores, and distributes supplies with accurate documentation.
• Assures proper storage of sterile supplies and equipment using first in first out rotation and periodic outdating.
• Assembles case carts accurately and in a timely manner giving priority to emergency and next day cases.
• Fills supply and instrument order requests as received from other areas.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Maintains inventory supply levels.
• Properly operates equipment according to manufacturer recommendation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in electronic instrument tracking and management systems and supply management system.
Education: High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Central Service/Materials management course preferred.
Experience: Must have the ability to learn basic computer skills. Previous CSP or Surgical Services experience preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Position requires CRCST certification. Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2021-94764
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Sterile Processing- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 6:30a-3:00p Mon-Fri, also includes working every 3rd weekend and a holiday rotation
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org