Catholic Health Initiatives Security Officer- Public Safety FT (Days) in DES MOINES, Iowa
Security Officer- Public Safety FT (Days)
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Patrols the hospital, hospital
campus/buildings and parking lots/ramps so as to maintain a safe and secure
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Identifies, reports and documents safety hazards and handles such
irregularities as assigned by Supervisor in a manner prescribed by hospital and
- Initiates investigations into incidents or activities of criminal nature
and submits appropriate information to law enforcement agencies as directed.
- Assumes responsibility for proper inventory, pickup, transport and
storage of patient valuables and after hour patient deposits.
- Maintains storage and records of lost, found and stolen property of
visitors, patient and employees.
- Controls loud, disorderly, physically aggressive, violent patients or
visitors on a consistent basis and summons police to assist if necessary.
Provides accurate directions, information and, if necessary, escort to the
Provides traffic control, as needed.
vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
- Performs simple maintenance on parking lot equipment (i.e., clears
personnel ticket dispensers, replaces broken gate arms).
- Assists with the movement and restraining of patients as requested by
- Performs mobile duties and patrol of hospital campus.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES REQUIRED :
High school degree or GED.
Security, police and/or military experience. Currently enrolled/degree in
law enforcement or police science studies may be substituted for experience.
Any equivalent background.
Driver’s/Chauffeurs License required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety
Standards, must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa
- Proof of
completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve
within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or
obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- ASP, handcuffing, and pepper spray certified or obtained within three (3)
months of hire.
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Every Other
Req ID: 2018-R0162934
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.