ARAG North America Product Owner in Des Moines, Iowa
Do you have proven expertise in developing and managing a product vision? Are you passionate about technology and Agile?
ARAG is hiring a Product Owner! This person will collaborate and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and scrum teams to build innovative solutions to drive ARAG forward.
The Product Owner serves as a bridge between business stakeholders and the Technology Innovation Group (TIG). This role will take ownership for product outcomes by translating business goals into iterative deliverables, prioritizing the product roadmap and backlog for optimal delivery, and communicating targets and status to the organization. This position performs work with a high degree of latitude.
• Create and maintain strategic product roadmaps that reflect ARAG’s vision.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, users and scrum team to understand and accurately represent their needs.
• Manage the product backlog, prioritizing features and stories that drive the greatest business value, keeping scope, quality and cost-benefit top of mind.
• Lead scrum team members through the creation of innovative and impactful solutions, offering daily input including answering questions, clarifying stories, reviewing demos, etc.
• Regularly update the organization on product development progress and ongoing product metrics.
• Advocate for Product Owner best practices and standards to heighten ARAG’s Product Owner maturity.
• Maintain a deep understanding of ARAG’s audiences, processes, systems and tools to identify gaps and recommend future state capabilities.
• Provide thought leadership, keeping pulse on trends and proactively bring opportunties to the organization for consideration. Provide input into overall strategic planning for the department.
• Conduct product demos with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to other product owners and assists them with escalated issues.
• Serve as a cultural steward and positive role model by representing ARAG at Its Best and Leadership at Its Best.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong experience leading project teams to successfully deploy solutions through software development lifecycle.
• Strong knowledge of agile development methodology and roles (scrum preferred).
• Strong experience effectively managing a product backlog inclusive of new features, defects, technical debt, automation, spikes and innovation.
• Experience executing a minimum viable product (MVP) approach.
• Ability to deliver a short-term and long-term product vision/roadmap.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly articulate and present complex concepts to varying audiences.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, educate and gain buy-in across internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong ability to take initiative and advocate for purposeful change and constant improvement that sets ARAG apart from the rest.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to gather and analyze data, identify and interpret trends, create solutions to solve complex challenges and make data driven decisions.
• Highly organized with ability to effectively self-manage workload across multiple project teams, prioritizing based on highest impact work.
• Demonstrated ability to hold accountable dynamic team members with varying disciplines and skill levels.
• Strong ability to effectively operate and remain positive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a fail fast, move forward mindset.
Education – Four year college degree in business, computer science, marketing or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalant experience.
Experience – 5+ years of related experience.
Certifications – None required.
Physical – Some travel required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Company Name: ARAG North America
External Company URL: https://www.araglegal.com/
Street: 500 Grand Avenue