UnityPoint Health Nursing Program Coordinator-Employee Health & Wellness-IMMC in Des Moines, Iowa
As part of Employee Health and Safety, you will be part of a team that is working to create a safer, healthier, happier and more stable work environment. You will do this by coordinating projects and programs that identify sources of injury and collaborate to find solutions to eliminate them. You will be responsible for providing appropriate care and triaging for employee injuries, illnesses, and exposures at work. You will ensure compliance of applicable healthcare worker screenings, immunizations. You will provide nursing care for employees and maintain a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines within the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
· Maintains compliance with administration and documentation of applicable healthcare worker required screenings, immunizations, in accordance with hospital policy and governing agencies.
· Maintains compliance with applicable OSHA programs.
· Coordinates projects and programs to improve the health and safety of employees
· Keeps and maintains all records in accordance with OSHA regulations, Iowa Worker’s Compensation Law and Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
· Responsible for the appropriate exchange of information between health service management & treatment facilities, outside claims handling services, department supervisors & employees with regards to treatment, job availability & reassignments.
· Gathers statistics and analyzes trends; makes recommendations so that appropriate decisions can be made in collaboration with human resources, department managers, claims management and legal counsel.
· Treats employee and volunteer on-the-job injuries, illnesses and makes appropriate referrals.
· Coordinates and manages all care related to work injuries.
· Manages all modified and alternative duty assignments and is a liaison to the department’s management.
· Manages testing, treatment and follow up, for all employee exposures to communicable disease in accordance with applicable regulatory agency for internal and contracted external customers.
· Manages testing, treatment and follow up, for all employee bloodborne pathogen exposures in accordance with OSHA regulations for internal and contracted external customers.
· Manages testing, initial treatment and ensures proper hand off for contracted staff bloodborne pathogen exposures occurring at a UnityPoint Health – Des Moines facility in accordance with OSHA regulations.
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge & clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures & standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program. BSN preferred
Experience: 2 years experience as a Registered Nurse. Employee/Occupational Health or Infection Prevention experience preferred. Project/Program Management experience preferred. 5+ years of RN experience preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse, State of Iowa Required. Certified Occupational Health Nurse preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, web browser.
Requisition ID: 2020-77606
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $26.65/Hr.
Name: Employee Health & Wellness
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN- As Needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org