UnityPoint Health Nurse Practitioner-Nursing Administration-ER/Crit Care-IMMC in Des Moines, Iowa
The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed registered nurse who has completed graduate education in nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse. As an Advanced Practice Nurse- Adult Critical Care, the Nurse Practitioner embodies knowledge in a specialized area of nursing and promotes quality patient care of the critically ill patient. The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with other providers, nursing, and other disciplines to improve quality patient outcomes.
The scope of the Nurse Practitioner position working at ILH includes admissions, daily rounding, procedures, and general care of the patients in the CICU. The nurse practitioners will work collaboratively with the Hospitalists, Cardiologists, Pulmonary-Critical Care Physicians, and Family Practice faculty & residents to care for patients in critical care.
• The Nurse Practitioner provides routine care and management of the hospitalized patient in critical care, in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
• Evaluates and treats patients, which includes history taking, pertinent physical exam, ordering and evaluating lab/diagnostic studies, and ordering of medications & treatments.
• Documents findings in accurate, systematic form and maintains appropriate documentation in the medical record.
• Utilizes data to identify areas of improvement, monitor progress, and design/implement initiatives which can make a positive impact on the care of the critical care patient.
• Effectively communicates and interacts with patients, families, staff, and members of the community from diverse backgrounds.
• Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
• Accepts responsibility to maintain and developing own skill and knowledge in the clinical area of expertise- (critical care).
• Provides specialty specific patient-family teaching and counseling based on needs, and in collaboration with the care team.
Education: Master’s or Doctorate Degree as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
Experience: One or more years of experience as a nurse in critical care.
License(s)/Certification(s): • Current Iowa License to practice as a Registered Nurse & as an ARNP • Certification as an Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.* If applicant does not have this specific certification at time of hire, it must be obtained within 2 years of employment • BCLS & ACLS • Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional educational and lifestyle backgrounds. Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2021-90139
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: ICU- Luth- Provider
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Nights (24 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org