Robert Half International Accounting Clerk in Des Moines, Iowa
In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
· Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
· Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
· General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
· Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
· Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
· Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
· Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
· Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
· Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
· AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
· Excellent data entry skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
· Entry-level considered
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Robert Half has once again been named to FORTUNE’s “World’s Most Admired Companies®” list, ranking first in our industry (February 2019), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $13.00 - $18.00 / Hourly
Location: Des Moines, IA
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01502-9502726487
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs