UnityPoint Health Specialty Nurse in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
Functions as a clinician, educator and resource for patients within their specialty of care.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Function as a clinician, educator and resource for patients within their specialty of care
· Triage incoming patients ensuring compliance with established admission/acceptance criteria. Direct appointments and referrals as determined by the current criteria.
· Develop, implement and evaluate the standards of practice and care for the patient population.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
· Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
· Responsible for the development and ongoing coordination of care for patients.
· Act as a consultant both within the institution and to outside agencies or groups.
· Consult with individuals, families, community agencies or colleagues from associated disciplines or with nursing.
· Conduct or facilitate implementation of research studies and translate research findings into nursing practice.
· Preauthorize care/procedures with insurance companies.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Current RN licensure to practice as a registered nurse
Mandatory Reporter certification
Ability to direct others and to exercise judgement in problem situations
Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; self-direction; theoretical implementation and evaluation
Five years of nursing experience
Cardiology or critical care
Valid driver’s license when driving to any outreach locations
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as a team member
Strong computer skills
Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English
Computer data entry experience
Use of usual/customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-90845
Street: 202 10th St SE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Cardiology Clinic
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8:30-5:00
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org