Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Lead Mechanical/ Process Designer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID 1439 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Are you a process designer looking for the next step in your career? Ready to mentor others and collaborate on high-level industrial design work? Join our team to help build long-term client relationships and deliver future-forward design solutions to industrial clients. As a mechanical process designer, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams passionate about research, design, and innovative solutions.
- Use AutoCAD Plant 3D software to support projects delivering 3D piping models, isometric spool drawings, and piping plan layout drawings.
- Review shop drawings, field data collections, and field data entries
- Collaborate in a team environment on multidiscipline projects.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
- Professional growth in a teaching and learning environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in process piping design.
- Experience working with and reading piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), and block flow diagrams (BFDs).
- Working knowledge in aseptic/hygienic process piping design in pharmaceutical, food & beverage, bio-refinery, wastewater, and/or similar industrial markets and best design practices.
- Familiarity with piping materials and fittings.
- Ability to produce construction documents (isometric spool drawings, orthographic plan, and elevations, equipment layouts).
- Experience using 3D software (Navisworks/Autodesk Inventor/point clouds) and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Desire to collaborate and work with others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize each step of a project effectively and efficiently.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Ability to pass drug screen tests and background screening, which are both required at most
About Cedar Rapids
Our Cedar Rapids office is in Downtown Cedar Rapids, which is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at the McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at Theatre Cedar Rapids, and much more all within walking distance of our office.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes