UnityPoint Health Director, Clinic Operations - Specialty in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Director, Specialty Clinic Operations
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Director of Operations is responsible for the operational performance of multiple clinic locations. Provides management and oversight functions for assigned clinics; collaborating with the Regional Vice President of Clinic Operations, physician leaders, physicians/providers and management team to ensure high quality patient care. Advises and seeks consent from the organizations leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities for assigned clinic.
· Responsible for creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization, in partnership with physician leadership.
· Coordinate services and resources with other directors in the region.
· Assist in the ongoing development and enhancement of regional clinic operations
· Provide mentorship to all new and current clinic leadership, including providing orientation for new administrators.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, patients and management team.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Regional Vice President of Clinic Operations and Regional Physician Leaders to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· Demonstrate sound fiscal management of clinic operations through comprehensive budgetary planning, variance analysis/justification and regular monitoring of financial performance/productivity.
· Direct the patient care team to provide quality, cost effective healthcare and patient care processes and protocols to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
· Collaborate with regional physician leadership committees and affiliates related to strategic planning.
· Demonstrate knowledge of physician and staff benefits including communication with physicians and staff related to benefits
· Schedule, conduct and complete follow-up for regular clinic administrator meetings and clinic site visits.
· Demonstrate knowledge of physician compensation plan including communication with physicians related to individual physician compensation.
· Participate in Provider recruitment in the region.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
· Bachelor’s degree required – business and/or health care management degree preferred, or a combination of education and operations experience.
· Preferred Master’s degree in business or health care management.
· 5+ years of progressive responsibility in clinic management required.
· 5+ years of business management experience preferred.
· Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
· Preferred knowledge and experience with process improvement.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
· Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-78730
Street: 800 First Ave NE
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Administration- CR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, Daytime
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org