UnityPoint Health Pharmacy Resident-Community Based in Cedar Falls, Iowa
A community based pharmacy resident will provide clinical services for the retail pharmacies and their surrounding clinics. This may include, but not limited to MTM, disease state management, vaccine services (on and off site), discharge medication reconciliation and long term care management. Teaching opportunities and experiences in Allen Hospital are available.
· Processing, filling, verifying and counseling on medications distributed.
· Providing medication clarification, recommendations and consultations with providers in the clinic setting.
· Assisting in the provision of medication therapy management duties, providing immunizations, and other MTM services as available.
· Other duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
PharmD Degree from a college of Pharmacy.
Valid license to practice Pharmacy within the state of Iowa by June 25th of residency year.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak fluent English.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2018-44620
Street: 5100 Prairie Parkway
Name: 2520 UnityPoint Health Allen Hospital
Name: Retail Pharmacy - PrairiePkwy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.00
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8am -8pm 7 days a week rotating
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org