Sparboe Farms Maintenance Technician in Britt, Iowa
Britt, IA, USA
Join our Sparboe team today! Processing team members work in a clean, modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Full time and day shift available.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician I
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Maintenance Technician II supports production efficiencies by providing preventive maintenance support, systematic troubleshooting on shift stoppages and breakdowns, and predictive maintenance support for off-shift repairs, and assists in the development of preventive and predictive repair instructions and methods. To safely, effectively and efficiently apply over-wrap to packed eggs according to regulations that protect the consumer and follow government rules. This position works in accordance with the Sparboe Quality Management Program and all its related policies and procedures to keep all product and pallets clean and free from contamination and to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Safety First. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Ensures performance rates and quality meet specifications, standards and expectations for the location through effective maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs. Understands the theory of operation of most machines on the processing floor, the conditions for machinery and equipment to operate effectively, and the factors that ensure machine availability at all times.
- Resolves complex machine/equipment issues and completes simple repairs, such as jams and miss-feeds of the machine. Troubleshoots and repairs all mechanical systems of the machine with the help of documented SOPs or calls to experts. Completes rudimentary electrical troubleshooting and replaces parts when the cause is found. Identifies issues and problems and informs processing leads and managers on a timely basis.
- Controls downtime by managing and performing routine preventive maintenance and operation techniques; monitors compliance with the Maintenance Program and escalates to maintenance lead or processing manager as necessary.
- Performs maintenance of machinery so that it is running as safely as possible. Ensures that all safety features and equipment are functioning properly at all times. Proactively supports safety programs and initiatives. This includes ensuring all machinery safety features and equipment are functioning properly at all times. Immediately resolves safety issues or contacts management if safety is being compromised.
- Supports the maintenance management system in accordance with established protocol and procedures. Performs ongoing proper maintenance and cleaning to the machinery and equipment. Follows parts inventory control procedures, ensuring that all necessary parts are in stock at all times.
- Completes major repairs and/or installations to machinery and equipment. Assists and works with the maintenance lead and processing management team in planning for and installation of new equipment and large repair projects.
- Has ability and interest in learning. Understands electronics, and can use computers and systems which drive and support equipment. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, electrical components and robotics.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision, but willing and able to consult with others and take direction.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings required to perform installation, repairs, maintenance and training on equipment.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications are only accepted online. If you do not have access to a computer we have kiosks on site for you to fill out an application, M-F 8:00am-3:00pm. 1981 Iowa Ave, Britt IA 50423
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: September 18, 2020