Tutor Doctor Test Prep Tutor in Bettendorf, Iowa
Test Prep Tutor
We are one of the leading providers of supplemental education services - academic coaching - on a one on one basis, at home or location of the family's choosing. We provide competitive pay, flexible schedules and the opportunity to do what you do best - create learning strategies and impart test taking skills customized to the student's needs and learning style. Consider becoming part of our Team. Apply now, including your resume and cover letter!
We are looking for a candidate with solid test prep experience and a passion for transforming students so that they can reach their full potential. Our ideal candidate is an experienced tutor and/or teacher who must be able to adapt to different learning styles. We want our tutors to have the integrity and knowledge to push students to excel beyond expectations. Our best tutors must enjoy motivating and inspiring students to attain their highest scores!
Job Overview: TEST PREP Tutor -- Part-Time Contract Position
We would love to meet individuals with strong content knowledge and test prep strategy skills. SAT, ACT, LSAT, GRE/GMAT, MCAT are but some of the customized test prep program services we offer. This is a part-time opportunity; prime tutoring hours occur on the Weekends or Mon -Thurs between 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Our average tutor works 5-10 hours a week.
Among other things, our tutors must be responsible, reliable, dependable and punctual! The ideal tutor has experience helping students improve standardized test scores in as short a time as possible. Recent test takers (e.g. high performing college or graduate students) with outstanding scores and the ability to properly share their strategies and techniques with others are highly desirable.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TUTOR WITH TUTOR DOCTOR
- Caring environment: We really care about our students and do all the marketing and organization to get families for your roster
- Family consultations: We meet with every family before matching to provide valuable information to you so you can arrive prepared for the first session
- Flexible hours and Cancellation policy: We require our families to provide you with 24 hours notice to cancel a session
- Support: We provide test prep resources and teaching guides to facilitate sessions. Your manager will check in with you at least once a month and is always available should problems arise
Efficient reporting system: We have an online reporting system that allows you to invoice us for your tutoring hours and log your student's progress RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively and comprehensively deliver test prep tutoring in a one-on-one or small group setting* Facilitate tutoring sessions for the prescribed program at the agreed time and location
- Review homework as necessary
- Work with the student to improve skills, strategies and content knowledge for the specific test
Assign additional practice work to ensure student's thorough understanding of topic/s and strategies covered
Submit a session report for our office and families after each tutoring session within 24 hours of said session
Service existing clients' concerns, questions, and requests* Communicate relevant information regularly to your local manager
Bachelor's degree or Outstanding College Transcript with 3.0 GPA* Master's degree is a plus
1 year experience in test prep tutoring and high test prep scores
- Experience with basic Data Entry
- Flexible personality suited for different learning styles
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Access to reliable transportation with valid auto insurance
- Access to the internet, a computer, and a smart phone COMPENSATION
We offer competitive rates and do not withhold fees or commissions. Pay based on qualifications and student's needs.