Tutor Doctor Elementary Math & Reading Tutor in Bettendorf, Iowa
We are North America's leading provider of in-home, one-on-one academic tutoring. We take a holistic approach to tutoring, encompassing not only the student and family, but also the tutor - specifically matched to the student - for the best possible results. We work with Struggling, Gifted and Special Needs students.
We are looking for a candidate with a solid understanding in the field of education and a passion for teaching. Our ideal candidate is an experienced teacher who must be able to adapt to different learning styles. We want our tutors to have the integrity and knowledge to push students to excel beyond their own expectations - inspiring them to be their best.
Job Overview: Elementary Math & Reading Tutor -- Part-Time Contract Position
We would love to meet individuals with strong knowledge in Math and English Language Arts - Reading Comprehension and Writing. Knowledge of Common Core is a big advantage. This is a part-time opportunity; prime tutoring hours occur between 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Mon -Thurs. However, families may request tutoring on at other times, including weekends. Our average tutor works 6-8 hours a week.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TUTOR WITH TUTOR DOCTOR
- Caring environment: We really care about our students and do all the marketing and organization to get clients for your roster
- Family consultations: We meet with every family before matching to provide valuable information to you so you can arrive prepared for the first session
- Flexible hours and Cancellation policy: We require our families to provide you with 24 hours notice to cancel a session
- Support: We support out tutors every step of the way and your franchisee will check in with you every month and is always available should problems arise
Efficient reporting system: We have an online reporting system that allows you to invoice us for your tutoring hours and log your student's progress RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively and comprehensively deliver subject matter tutoring* Facilitate tutoring sessions for the prescribed subjects at the agreed time and location
- Review homework as necessary
- Work with the student to close any learning gaps or enhance understanding in subject areas
- Provide additional practice work to ensure thorough understanding of topic/s covered
With parent's permission, communicate with student's teacher if required
Submit a session report for our office and families after each tutoring session within 24 hours of said session
- Assist student with executive, organizational and study skills to improve their time management and project management capabilities
Service existing clients' concerns, questions, and requests* Communicate relevant information regularly to your local manager
- Bachelor's degree or Outstanding College Transcript with 3.0 GPA* Master's degree is a plus
K-6 Teaching Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility is very helpful
Experience with basic Data Entry
- Ability to create lesson plans
- Flexible personality suited for different learning styles
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Access to reliable transportation with valid auto insurance
- Access to the internet, a computer, and a smart phone
$20-24. We offer competitive rates.