American Equity Service Technician-Marketing Services Department (Phone Team) in West Des Moines, Iowa
Service Technician-Marketing Services Department (Phone Team)
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for serving as a resource to advisors, NMO/IMO, and Broker Dealers in matters relating to American Equity’s products and procedures. Individuals will play a key role in building a relationship with the advisors by providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handles inbound calls in a call center environment while assisting advisors, NMO/IMOs, and Broker Dealers with case design, quotes, supply orders, product mechanics, and American Equity procedures.
• Provides proactive service to the advisor and makes sure they are up-to-date in regards to any procedure or product changes.
• Helps advisors navigate through the American Equity website, and other software programs, for example, ReadyApp, Imagisoft, and Pivit.
• Prepares application packets and marketing materials to support the advisors with any potential business.
• Provide product support to the field as it relates to competitive intelligence.
• Works with Regional and Field Marketing team focusing on making outgoing calls to advisors in order to help drive more business to American Equity, and provide additional assistance as needed.
• Some traveling opportunities may be available. Public speaking may be required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 18 months to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in an inbound or outbound call center is ideal.
• Knowledge of annuity principles and products a plus.
• Knowledge of principles of superior customer service and telephone skills.
• Knowledge of computer applications and software, including the Microsoft Office Products, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
• Knowledge of procedures for marketing and other departments.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
AAPA, ACS, FLMI designations a plus.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain company attendance, punctuality and dependability standards as stated in the company handbook.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Specific job duties affected by these environmental conditions include the ability to talk with advisors over the phone in close proximity to others talking on the phone.
• Position requires being able to multi-task – send emails, supply orders, provide illustrations – all while providing best in class service.
• Must be comfortable interacting with advisors when they come to the home office and when traveling on company business and must be able to talk in front of a group.
• Some travel may be required