American Equity Regional Marketing Director - Marketing Department in West Des Moines, Iowa
Regional Marketing Director - Marketing Department
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for supervising a specific territory of the country. Objectives include effective communication with internal and external customers regarding the ongoing marketing efforts and services to NMOs and agents, research current economic environment trends,
monitor competition's marketing strategies and performance, travel to various events with possible public speaking, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains relationships with NMOs and agents.
• Handles escalated calls/issues.
• Competition/market research.
• Inbound/outbound calls.
• Gold Eagle program/maintenance.
• Travel planning/appointment setting.
• Reporting (includes expense and regular reporting).
• Letters to clients.
• Training clients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents from regulatory agencies, and other members of the business community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
• Life Insurance License desirable
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable in the event there is a need to rent a car for travel purposes.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain company attendance, punctuality and dependability standards as stated in the company handbook.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL TASKS:
• Must be able to work well with different personalities and adjust to varying situations quickly.
• Ability to keep an open mind when it comes to different tasks/issues as they arise.
• Requires ability to travel 50% to 65% of the time.
• The following on-the-job time is spent on physical activities:
Standing – Under 1/3 of the time
Walking – Under 1/3 of the time
Sitting – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Reaching with hands and arms – Under 1/3 of the time
Stooping, kneeling, or crouching – Under 1/3 of the time
Talking or hearing – Over 2/3 of the time
• This job requires that over 50 lbs. of weight be lifted or force exerted under 1/3 of the time.
• This job has the following specific vision requirements:
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances)
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• Specific job duties requiring these physical demands include maintaining a valid driver’s license and if license is restricted for corrective lenses, employee must use required lenses while driving. Supply boxes are delivered to locations where the employee
will need to lift and move them from location to location by hand.
• Position does not require working near moving mechanical parts or working in high, precarious places.
• The typical noise level for the work environment of this job is Moderate (examples:
business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
• Specific job duties affected by these environmental conditions include minimal work distractions while in the office.
• Position requires complex problem solving situations that arise either face to face or over the phone and requires collecting data/information and providing accurate feedback/answers to the client on a timely basis. Data collection can come from internal
or external sources.
• There is a high level of pressure when traveling every other week. Prioritization of duties is of the highest importance to meet deadlines. The ability to multi task is required in order to stay on top of work load.
• Position will interact with several different types of people/personalities on a daily basis face to face, over the phone or via e-mail. In order to keep American Equity's standards of customer service high, timely and professional communication is required.
• Requires the ability to multi-task, above average communication skills, ability to travel, and relationship driven.