ARAMARK Kitchen Steward - (Dishwasher) -University of Iowa Stadium/Arena - Premium in Iowa City, Iowa
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: The Kitchen Steward supports the kitchen staff and other departments by transporting food to assigned locations while maintaining all dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glasses, equipment, and kitchen utensils in a clean and sanitized condition. Keep the dishwashing machine station, three compartment sink, and related areas clean.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with kitchen staff to maintain a clean work area; keep dishes and equipment clean at all times
Remove all trash and other waste materials, including boxes and compost
Sweep and mop all areas of the kitchen, storage areas, restrooms and anywhere else that guests and/or employees may walk.
Wash all small wares; make sure all items are free of food and debris and properly sanitized.
Clean all food service equipment following weekly cleaning schedule
Clean walls, windows, lights, vents, baseboards and ledges
Maintain a safe and hygienic work area
Maintain an adequate level of chemicals such as glass cleaner, floor cleaner, polish, air freshener and anything else needed as determined by a manager
Drain fryers as needed and properly dispose of old grease.
Quickly transport items to assigned locations in a safe manner
Maintain bathrooms in main kitchen
May assist in transport of product throughout facility
Any other job as assigned by chef or management
Hours of employment:
- Game day schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a seasonal position with the opportunity to be full time during the football season. Part-time hours are also available (please specify when applying). Must be available to work University of Iowa home football games. Opportunities exist to work at other locations at the conclusion of football season.
• Ability to understand and follow directions
• Must be reliable and on time
• Must be able to walk/stand for majority of shift
• Willing to accept change, new procedures, and constructive comments
• Ability to build relationships with guests and co-workers
• Past experience in a kitchen setting preferred
• Familiarity with kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, ovens, fryers, etc. preferred
High School Diploma
Basic Knowledge of HAACP guidelines required.
Be familiar with all kitchen equipment, to include: dishwashers, steamers, ovens, grills,
fryers, flat tops, smokers, kettles, stove tops, slicers, knives, and other small wares.
2-4 years experience
Adequate knife skills. Strong organizational skills. Time management skills. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran