Iowa Department of Administrative Services Statistical Research Analyst 2 in Des Moines, Iowa
Statistical Research Analyst 2
Statistical Research Analyst 2
$43,742.40 - $65,416.00 Annually
Des Moines - 50312 - Polk County, IA
270 Iowa Finance Authority
7/27/2017 11:59 PM Central
Point of Contact
Brooke Parziale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a completed Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise (DAS-HRE) application form by the closing date. To complete an electronic application form, click on "Apply for Job Vacancy(s)" button. You may also mail an application form to: Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise, Hoover State Office Building, 1305 East Walnut, Des Moines, IA 50319-0150 or fax your application to (515) 281-7970.
This is a non-merit position with the Iowa Finance Authority. Candidates must follow the instructions in the "To Apply" section.
IFA CORE FOCUS: Enhance the quality of life for Iowans by making affordable financing possible for home and community IFA CORE VALUES:
Integrity - Our employees, partners and customers can count on IFA to be honest and trustworthy Mission Oriented - We keep a constant focus on the Iowans our programs benefit Purposeful Work Ethic - We nurture a culture of outstanding work ethic, teamwork and diligence Accountability – We accept responsibility and honor our commitments Customer Service Focus – We are friendly, courteous and responsive Trusted Resource – We are a reliable resource for Iowans
POSITION OPEN: This position is with the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) located at 2015 Grand Avenue, in Des Moines, Iowa. This position supports the goals developed by IFA's Business Development Director and upper level management to develop business plans for agency divisions in support of IFA's Mission Statement by compiling data and creating reports so that IFA can best meet the needs of Iowans. Applicant must pass a comprehensive background check before an offer for employment will be extended.
General Duties: Performs research and compiles statistical data needed to support the business development goals and objectives developed by the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) Business Development Director.
• Determine types, resources and methods of gathering and compiling needed data.
• Designs surveys and questionnaires to support the collection of identified data needed.
• Evaluates and interprets data and reports new and revised statistical data based upon the statistical analysis program created by IFA's Business Development Director.
• Evaluates, interprets, and revises in accordance with policies and procedures established by the IFA Business Development Director.
• Provides analysis of benefits and costs of potential IFA program and legislative changes.
• Collects and reports industry data as a statewide resource for Iowans as this information may be related to IFA programs.
• Identify and pursue analysis presenting strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the mission and objectives of IFA mission and programs.
• Follows up with internal and external partners regarding effectiveness of statistical data provided and ease of use.
• Create additional data collection, analysis and reporting based upon feedback from internal and external partners.
• Collaborates with research departments of other Housing Finance Agencies for the sharing of data and potential additional reporting.
• Collaborate with other state agencies for sharing of data and to reduce redundancy of data gathering, analysis and reporting.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Development Director or Chief Administrative Officer of the IFA.
• Ability to understand arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Understand principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
For Additional Information Contact: Brooke Parziale, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or economics and experience equal to two years of full-time work in statistical analysis or economic research.
A total of six years of education and/or full-time experience (as described in number one), where one year of full-time experience equals 30 semester hours of education (maximum substitution of four years).
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in statistics, mathematics, epidemiology or economics.
Current, continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes 18 months of fulltime work as a Statistical Research Analyst 1.
For additional information, please click on thislink to view the job description.
Click here to view State of Iowa Executive Branch benefits: https://das.iowa.gov/human-resources/employee-and-retiree-benefits/
State of Iowa
270 Iowa Finance Authority
2015 Grand Ave
Des Moines, Iowa, 50312.